Today’s history come deodorized.
Join us for a whiff of the past with historical tidbits such as:
- King Henry VIII had a festering leg wound that could be smelled from three rooms away
- By the 1890s, there were approximately 300,000 horses and 1,000 tons of poop a day in London streets
- During the eighteenth century, women shaved off their eyebrows and replaced them with false ones made from mouse fur
- Baldness was “cured” by combining chicken droppings with potassium salts, and spreading it on balding areas
Next, learn about the medicinal benefits of various herbs and essential oils – including:
- Cinnamon can help regulate blood sugar for diabetics
- The Doctrine of Signatures tells us that eucalyptus cleanses “swampy” areas of the body, just as it cleanses malarial swamps
- Rosemary has been recognized as a memory tonic since the ancient Egyptians, and is currently being studied for use in Alzheimer’s
Finally, create your own 8-ounce Herbal Reed Diffuser based on your preference/needs. Choose one of four blends:
- Sleeping Beauty
- Dear John
- Doggone It!
- All in the Family