Grounded Goodwife, LLC
WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ACCEPTANCE OF POLICIES AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Every registrant for a Grounded Goodwife, LLC event is required to read this release prior to registering for an event and/or purchasing tickets. Your participation in one of our events confirms that you assume all risks and hazards associated with the walk for you AND YOUR MINOR CHILD, and knowingly and freely assume the risk of any personal injury, property damage or property loss that you may suffer, concur, or sustain which could in any way be construed to be connected with, arise out of, or touch upon your participation in a program with Grounded Goodwife, LLC.
By participating in a Grounded Goodwife, LLC event, you agree and state the following. That:
1. I voluntary assume all risks associated with participating in a Grounded Goodwife, LLC event. I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Grounded Goodwife, LLC, Ehris Urban, Velya Jancz-Urban, or Jim Urban or any of their officers, agents, servants or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise, while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted.
2. I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity with full knowledge that said activity may be hazardous to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage of property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
3.I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4.It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut.
5. I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE that I will also NOT SMOKE OR BE IN THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS AND/OR EXPLOSIVES, including fireworks. All of these items and behaviors are strictly prohibited. Disorderly or aggressive behavior toward other patrons or others will result in my immediate ejection from the event without a refund and possible arrest.
6. I understand that by the very nature of this type of activity, I MAY BE EXPOSED TO A VARIETY OF HAZARDS and risks, foreseen or unforeseen. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, serious personal injury, property damage, and death. Unknown or unanticipated risks may also occur.
7. I understand that ticket sales are final, and that the Releasees reserve the right to make changes in the scheduled itinerary for the comfort and safety of its activity participants, or when deemed appropriate according to the best judgment of the guide. I further understand it is my responsibility to inform the Releasees of any mental or physical limitations which might prevent me or others from safely and satisfactorily completing this activity, and that my failure to do so could result in my dismissal, without refund, from the activity. I understand it is my responsibility to be in sufficiently good health to complete the activity.
8. If I am the parent or guardian of a minor child under 18 years old, I understand that I am 100% responsible for that child’s safety and behavior on the walk, as well as that he or she understands and abides by all policies in this document.